The lunchtime kick-off in the Premier League sees champions Manchester City travel to the London Stadium to take on West Ham United.
City are looking to get their title defence off to a perfect start, having seen rivals Liverpool cruise to a 4-1 win over Norwich City last night. Meanwhile the Hammers have invested heavily over the summer and will be gunning for a good start.
The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on BT Sport. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Manchester City have won all four of their previous visits to the London Stadium, with an aggregate score of 17-1.
* However, the London Stadium is something of a fortress for West Ham this year; they’ve lost just once in 9 PL games in 2019, winning 5.
* But the Hammers haven’t kept a clean sheet against City in 16 matches in all competitions.
* City have won all of their previous 14 PL matches.
* In that run, of 7 away matches, City have conceded just twice.
There are just two Premier League fixtures kicking off at 3pm today. However, they are anything but meaningless – points mean prizes in the Premier League and each club will want to finish as high as possible in the league to gain more prize money.
Here are the factz you need to know:
West Ham United v Southampton
* This is the 100th league meeting between the sides.
* West Ham won last time out, ending a 4- game run without a win.
* In their last 6 matches, Saints have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2.
* West Ham have kept just 6 clean sheets all season; only relegated Fulham and Huddersfield have kept fewer. They have also failed to score in 14 league matches – only Huddersfield and Cardiff have drawn more blanks.
* Shane Long is in form with 4 goals in his last 5 matches – more than he scored in his previous 60 appearances.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Fulham
* Wolves haven’t lost to Fulham since 1985 – a run of 14 matches in league and cup competitions.
* Molineux is a fortress for Wolves – they are unbeaten in 7 matches on home turf, with 5 wins.
* Since relegation, Fulham have won 3 out of 3 matches – winning as many points as they did in their previous 20 matches.
* In that run, Fulham have kept 3 clean sheets – more than they had done in their previous 33 PL matches.
* If Wolves win, it will move them onto 57 points – the most by a promoted club since Ipswich scored 66 in 2000/01.
Tottenham Hotspur are looking to bolster their attack next season with a move for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez this summer, according to reports.
Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to bring in at least one striker this summer to act as cover for Harry Kane. Current understudy Fernando Llorente looks set to leave after a couple of underwhelming seasons.
Maxi Gomez is high on Pochettino’s list after an impressive couple of seasons in La Liga. He scored 17 goals last term and although he only has 11 this season, he has been playing in a struggling Vigo side that is battling relegation.
That threat of relegation could be crucial: if Vigo do go down, then a clause in Gomez’s contract means that he could be available for just £22 million. His current release clause is £42 million.
Vigo currently sit one point and one place above the drop zone with six matches to play.
West Ham United have previously been interested in signing Gomez, but Vigo refused to sell him in January. Whether they would come back in for him is not known.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep