There are 5 matches in the Premier League kicking off at 3pm today, involving clubs at both ends of the table. Here are the facts you need to know:
The final match in the Premier League today sees Watford play Manchester United at Vicarage Road. Watford want to maintain their excellent start to the season, while Manchester United have had a stuttering start so far. The match kicks off at 5.30pm and it is live on BT Sport1. Here are the factz you need to know:
* United won this fixture 2-4 last season.
* The Red Devils love playing Watford – they’ve won 14 of the last 15 matches they’ve played against them in all competitions. Watford won the other match, back in 2016.
* Watford’s 4 consecutive wins at the start of the season is their best start in the top flight.
* However, they’ve only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 7 matches.
* United have lost 4 of their last 10 in the PL – to Spurs, West Brom and Brighton (twice) – but have won 5 of the others in that run.
Watford play Tottenham Hotspur at Vicarage Road in the other 4pm kick off in the Premier League – with two teams in form. The match is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Both sides have 100% records so far and either could go top on goal difference with a convincing win.
* Watford haven’t beaten Spurs in the league since 1987, and in any competition since 1994.
* The Hornets have only once before won their opening 4 matches in a season, which was back in 1988/9, when they were in the old Division 2 (now Championship).
* Tottenham have won 49 points in 2018 – only Manchester City with 51 have won more.
* Spurs have won 7 of their last 10 in the PL – their only defeat in that run coming against Manchester City.
In the opening match in the Premier League today, Watford take on Crystal Palace at Vicarage Road, looking to build on their great start to the season. After Roy Hodgson’s outburst against Watford mascot earlier in the week, it could be a feisty game. It kicks off at 1.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Last season, this fixture ended 0-0. At Selhurst Park, Palace ran out 2-1 winners.
* Palace have a great recent record against Watford – winning 10 of their last 16 encounters and losing just 2.
* Watford have won their first 2 matches – they’ve never won their first 3 in a row in the top flight.
* The Hornets have lost just once at Vicarage Road this year in 9 matches (5 wins).
* Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their last 5 away matches.