Embed from Getty Images
There are 5 matches kicking off at 3pm in the Premier League today. Liverpool can regain top spot by avoiding defeat against AFC Bournemouth, while at the other end of the table, Huddersfield are looking for their first win under manager Jan Siewert – but they face a tough task against Champions League-chasing Arsenal.
Here are the factz you need to know on all the matches:
Crystal Palace v West Ham United
* West Ham came from behind to win 3-2 at the London Stadium earlier in the season.
* Palace have only won 3 matches at Selhurst Park this season – and have gained more points away from home.
* The Hammers have 1 win in their last 5 (2 defeats) and lost their last 3 away matches.
* The Eagles have kept 9 clean sheets this season – only the top 4 have kept more.
* West Ham meanwhile have kept just 4 this season – only Fulham have kept fewer.
Huddersfield Town v Arsenal
* Arsenal have won all 3 Premier League matches against Huddersfield.
* Huddersfield have lost 11 if their last 12 PL matches, drawing the other.
* Arsenal are on a terrible away run – losing 4 of their last 5 on the road and drawing the other.
* The Terriers have scored 1 goal this year in all competitions.
* Arsenal are yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season.
Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth
* Liverpool thumped Bournemouth 0-4 at the Vitality Stadium earlier in the season with Mo Salah bagging a hat-trick.
* The Reds are unbeaten in their last 33 home matches in all competitions.
* Bournemouth are awful away from home – they have lost their last 7 in the PL conceding at least twice in every match.
* Salah has 48 goals in 61 games for Liverpool.
* Bournemouth have conceded 44 goals – only the bottom 4 have let in more.
Southampton v Cardiff City
* Cardiff won the reverse fixture 1-0 – that was Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl’s first match in charge.
* Saints are in decent form – unbeaten in 5 matches (2 wins)
* Cardiff Meanwhile have won 1 of their last 5, losing 3 of those matches.
* Saints have problems at the back – just 1 clean sheet in their last 15 matches.
* Cardiff have won just once away from home this season and scored just 7 goals on their travels.
Watford v Everton
* A Lucas Digne goal in the 96th minute rescued a point for Everton in a 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture.
* Watford are out of form – just 3 wins in their last 15 PL matches (6 defeats).
* Everton are out of form too: 3 wins in their last 12 PL matches and 7 defeats.
* Set-pieces are Everton’s Achilles heel – they’ve conceded a league-high 19 from dead ball situations this season.
* Both sides have similar goals scored/conceded stats: Watford have scored 34 to Everton’s 33. The Hornets have conceded 33, the Toffees 36.
Embed from Getty Images
There are four Premier League matches tonight, including league leaders Liverpool looking to capitalise on Manchester City’s surprise defeat to Newcastle United last night. Meanwhile Spurs and Chelsea will be looking to strengthen their hold on a Champions League place.
The matches kick off at 7.45pm unless otherwise stated.
Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea
- Chelsea beat Bournemouth 2-0 at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. They also beat them 1-0 in the EFL Cup.
- Bournemouth’s win against West Ham last time out was their first victory in 5 matches.
- Chelsea have won 4 of their last 7 matches in the Premier League, losing 2.
- If Callum Wilson scores for the Cherries tonight, it will be his 50th goal for the club.
- Goalscoring is a problem for Chelsea – they’ve found the net just 13 times in their past 12 PL matches.
Liverpool v Leicester City (8pm)
- Liverpool beat Leicester 1-2 at the King Power Stadium back on 1 September. However, the Foxes gained some revenge 8 days later by beating the Reds 2-0 in the EFL Cup.
- The Reds are unbeaten in 32 Premier League matches at Anfield. They have won 23 of those matches.
- Leicester have lost 4 of their last 5 matches in all competitions.
- Liverpool have kept 13 clean sheets this season – more than any other side in the division.
- Jamie Vardy loves playing against Liverpool – he’s scored in his last 5 appearances against them.
Southampton v Crystal Palace
- Saints beat Palace 0-2 at Selhurst Park earlier in the season.
- Southampton have won their last 2 PL matches – they haven’t managed 3 in a row since the end of the 2016/17 season.
- Meanwhile Palace are aiming not to lose 3 consecutive matches in the PL.
- Saints have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 13 matches.
- Palace however are good away from home and have won 13 of their 22 points on the road. They have also scored more than 1 goal in each of their last 4 away matches.
Tottenham Hotspur v Watford (8pm)
- Watford beat Spurs 2-1 at Vicarage Road earlier in the season. The Hornets have never done the double over Spurs.
- However, Spurs have won their last 8 home matches against Watford, scoring 22 goals in that run.
- Spurs have lost 4 of their last 5 matches in all competitions, including the loss on penalties to Chelsea in the EFL Cup.
- Watford are unbeaten in 4 in the PL, and also unbeaten in their last 4 away matches in the PL.
- Spurs are the only side in the division not to draw a match this season. If they win or lose they will equal Bolton’s PL record of 28 matches without drawing.
Embed from Getty Images
There are 6 matches in the Premier League that kick off at 3pm today. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United
* Bournemouth came from behind to win 1-2 at the London Stadium earlier this season.
* The Cherries have lost 9 of their last 12 PL matches.
* West Ham are in better form, having won 6 of their past 9 matches.
* These two sides have the leakiest defences in the PL since the start of last season: Bournemouth have conceded 103 goals, West Ham 100.
* The Hammers are good away from home – having won 14 points on their travels this season, just 1 fewer than in the entire 2017/18 season.
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
* Liverpool have beaten Palace in their last 3 meetings, but the Eagles did inflict the Reds’ last League defeat at Anfield in April 2017.
* Liverpool have won their last 6 matches at Anfield.
* Palace are doing well – 3 wins in their last 6 including consecutive away victories.
* Palace have 8 clean sheets this season – only the top 6 have done better.
* But Liverpool are better defensively with just 10 conceded all season in the PL.
Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
* Brighton have beaten United in their last 2 meetings, including 3-2 at the Amex in August.
* United have won their last 5 matches in the PL.
* Marcus Rashford is United’s form man with 5 goals and 5 assists in his last 9 appearances.
* Brighton have lost 1 of their last 5, winning 2.
* However, they aren’t good away from home – they’ve lost 19 on the road since the start of last season.
Newcastle United v Cardiff City
* The reverse fixture ended 0-0.
* Cardiff have a terrible record at St Jame’s Park: they haven’t won there since 1963, losing on 17 of 18 visits.
* Newcastle are awful at home – they’ve lost 8 times in front of their own fans, the worst record in the PL.
* Don’t expect a goal-fest – Cardiff have failed to score in 10 matches this season.
* Newcastle have won just 1 of their last 9 matches, scoring just 5 goals in that time.
Southampton v Everton
* Everton won 2-1 at Goodison Park earlier in the season. They haven’t done the double over the Saints since 2001/2.
* Saints have won 3 of their 7 matches under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
* Everton have kept 1 clean sheet in 10 matches in all competitions.
* The Toffees have won 3 of their last 10 matches.
* Southampton have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 matches.
Watford v Burnley
* Watford beat Burnley 1-3 at Turf Moor last August.
* Burnley have won their last 3 matches.
* Watford are also in decent form, they have won 3 of their last 7 but lost just one of those.
* The Hornets have won as many points at home as away this season – 16.
* Burnley have the second-worst defence in the PL with 43 conceded. However they have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 4 matches.