Embed from Getty Images
There is Monday night football action in the Premier League as Marco Silva’s current side Everton take on his previous club Watford at Goodison Park. The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
- Everton have an amazing record against Watford at Goodison Park – they have won 11 of the 12 matches they have played against them in all competitions.
- The Toffees are in decent form – two wins, two draws and one defeat in their last 5 matches.
- Watford are out of form, having lost their last 3 PL matches and only won 2 of their last 11, having opened up the season with 4 straight wins. Despite this, a win will take them level on points with Everton.
- Richarlison is Everton’s top scorer with 7 goals in 13 appearances this season – two more than he scored for Watford in the entirety of last season.
- Goal scoring is one of Watford’s main problems – they have scored just 9 in their last 11 matches.
Embed from Getty Images
There is a full midweek programme of Premier League action this week. There are 4 fixtures on Tuesday night, of which 3 kick off at 7.45pm – including the hotly-contested M23 derby between Brighton and Crystal Palace. The exception is Watford v Manchester City, which starts at 8pm. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town
* Last season, Bournemouth thumped Huddersfield 4-0 at the Vitality Stadium. The Terriers gained revenge with a 4-1 win at the John Smiths Stadium.
* The Cherries have lost their last 4 PL matches. They haven’t lost 5 in a row since 2013.
* Huddersfield have lost just 1 of their last 4, and won their last away match at Wolves.
* The Terriers have scored just 9 goals this season – the least of any of the 92 clubs in the top 4 divisions.
* Meanwhile only the top 5 have scored more than Bournemouth’s 23 goals this season.
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace
* The side’s drew 0-0 at the Amex Stadium last year. But later in the season Palace took the bragging rights in the M23 Derby by winning 3-2 at Selhurst Park.
* Brighton’s home form is good – 4 wins and just 1 loss in their last 9 matches at the Amex.
* The Seagulls are also set-piece specialists – 11 of their 16 goals have come from dead ball situations.
* Palace beat Burnley last time out to end an 8-game winless run.
* Palace have kept consecutive clean sheets – they haven’t managed 3 in a row since March 2017.
Watford v Manchester City
* City did the double over Watford last season – and have won their last 8 matches against the Hornets in all competitions.
* Watford have won just 2 of their last 10 PL matches and lost 3 of their last 4 at home.
* City have won their last 6 PL matches and are unbeaten this season.
* The goals have dried up for Watford – just 8 in their last 10 matches.
* City have conceded just once away from home this season – against Wolves in August.
West Ham United v Cardiff City
* West Ham like playing against Cardiff – they’ve beaten them on 12 of the last 18 times they’ve played them, losing just once.
* Cardiff have 3 PL wins this season – and have come from behind to win on each occasion.
* West Ham won last time out – they haven’t managed consecutive PL wins since January 2017.
* Cardiff have scored just 2 away goals this season – the fewest of any side in the top 4 divisions.
* Only the bottom 5 (and Manchester United) have conceded more than West Ham this season.
Embed from Getty Images
There are six matches in the Premier League that kick off at 3pm today. Most of the eyes will be on the bottom half of the table, with most strugglers in action and looking to move away from the drop zone. Two of the top 3 are also in action, looking to maintain their unbeaten starts to the season. Here are the factz you need to know:
Brighton & Hove Albion v Leicester City
* Leicester won both matches against Brighton 2-0 last season.
* Brighton have turned the Amex into a fortress: losing 1 of the last 8 and winning 4.
* But the Foxes are also good away from home with 3 wins in their last 5.
* Glenn Murray has scored 5 goals in 5 home matches for the Seagulls this season.
* Leicester are unbeaten in 3 PL matches.
Everton v Cardiff City
* Cardiff haven’t beaten Everton since 1956, and haven’t won at Goodison since 1926.
* Everton are in good form, with 4 wins from their last 6 matches.
* Cardiff are improving in form: they have won 2 and lost 2 of their last 4 matches.
* Everton’s recent form is built on solid defence – just 4 conceded in their last 6.
* Cardiff have scored just twice away from home this season – fewer than anyone else.
Fulham v Southampton
* Saints have won just once in their last 14 visits to Craven Cottage, but that did happen the last time they played there in 2014.
* Fulham have lost 6 consecutive matches – they haven’t lost 7 in a row since 1961.
* Saints are out of form too – no wins in 8 PL matches (4 defeats).
* Fulham have yet to keep a clean sheet this season – the only PL side not to do so.
* Goalscoring continues to be Saints problem – only Huddersfield have scored fewer than their 8 goals in the PL this season.
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
* United have done the double over Palace in each of the past 3 seasons.
* Indeed, United are one of Palace’s bogey sides. They has beat United in 1991. Since then, United have won 17 of the 20 matches between the sides.
* United haven’t kept a clean sheet in 8 matches.
* The Eagles are winless in 7 matches – including 6 defeats – in all competitions.
* Goalscoring is a problem for the Eagles – they have failed to score in half of their PL matches.
Watford v Liverpool
* This fixture was a 3-3 thriller last season. Later in the season at Anfield Liverpool ran riot, winning 5-0.
* Watford have won 5 of their 7 PL home matches this season.
* Liverpool are unbeaten in the PL this season so far. They haven’t gone 13 unbeaten from the start of a season since 2007.
* The Reds have conceded just 5 goals so far this season.
* There has never been a 0-0 draw between the sides in league meetings.
West Ham United v Manchester City
* City have done the double over West Ham in each of the past 2 seasons.
* The Hammers are looking for consecutive home wins – something they haven’t done since December 2016.
* City are averaging 3 goals per game so far in the PL and have scored 9 more than any other team.
* West Ham have kept 1 clean sheet in their last 15 matches – against Chelsea in September.
* City have conceded just 5 goals in their last 12 matches in their travels.