The Premier League is back after the international break, and the first match sees Tottenham Hotspur take on Liverpool at Wembley Stadium. Both sides are looking to build on good starts to the season. The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* The first goal today will be the 150th in this fixture in the PL era.
* Spurs have won 8 of their last 9 home matches – the exception being a 1-3 loss to Manchester City.
* Liverpool have won their first 4 matches this season – they haven’t won the first 5 since 1990/1.
* Spurs thumped Liverpool 4-1 at Wembley Stadium last season. It ended 2-2 at Anfield.
* Spurs lost last time out to Watford, but haven’t lost successive PL matches since the end of the 2015/16 season.
Italian champions Juventus are plotting to make a move for Manchester United forward Anthony Martial – but are prepared to wait to get him on a free transfer next summer.
France international Martial, 22, is in the final year of his current deal with United, and has yet to make a commitment over his future.
United bosses have offered Martial a new long-term deal and the club are hopeful of convincing him to put pen to paper. This is despite his largely bit-part role at Old Trafford in the past year and rumours of a fractious relationship with manager Jose Mourinho.
Juventus will watch the negotiations carefully, mindful that from January the former Monaco man will be able to sign a pre-contract to join another club in the summer, according to Italian outlet Calciomercato.
However, they are not the only club interested in signing him. In the summer, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur were interested, but United made it clear they would not sell him to a Premier League rival. Bayern Munich are also said to be monitoring his situation.
Should Martial sign, then any potential suitor will have to pay a hefty transfer fee for him – certainly north of £50 million in the current inflated market.
Watford play Tottenham Hotspur at Vicarage Road in the other 4pm kick off in the Premier League – with two teams in form. The match is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Both sides have 100% records so far and either could go top on goal difference with a convincing win.
* Watford haven’t beaten Spurs in the league since 1987, and in any competition since 1994.
* The Hornets have only once before won their opening 4 matches in a season, which was back in 1988/9, when they were in the old Division 2 (now Championship).
* Tottenham have won 49 points in 2018 – only Manchester City with 51 have won more.
* Spurs have won 7 of their last 10 in the PL – their only defeat in that run coming against Manchester City.
The Bank Holiday Monday fixture in the Premier League sees two of last season’s top 4 take on each other with Manchester United hosting Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford. United will want to bounce back from defeat to Brighton, while Spurs want to maintain their 100% start to the season.
The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* In this fixture last season, United won 1-0. In the return, Spurs won 2-1. The sides also met in the FA semi-final – United won 2-1.
* United have won the last 4 meetings at Old Trafford without conceding a goal.
* Harry Kane has scored just one goals against United in eight matches.
* You have to go back to the 1992/3 season for the last time United lost more than one of their opening 3 matches.
* Spurs have beaten United just 8 times in the PL era in 52 attempts. Meanwhile United have won 33 of those matches.