Embed from Getty Images
The final day of the 2017/18 Premier League season sees all 20 clubs kick-off at the same time. While most of the big issues have been settled – champions, champions league qualification and relegation – there is still plenty to play for. All matches kick off at 3pm. Here are the factz you need to know:
Burnley v AFC Bournemouth
* Burnley beat Bournemouth 1-2 at the Vitality Stadium earlier in the season.
* Burnley are assured of 7th place – their highest league finish since 6th place in the old Division 1 in 1974.
* Bournemouth have won just 1 of their last 12 away matches (6 defeats).
* Cherries manager Eddie Howe has used just 21 players this season.
* There have been just 30 goals scored in 18 previous PL matches at Turf Moor this season: 15 each for Burnley and their opponents.
Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion
* The sides played out a goalless draw back in December at the Hawthorns.
* Palace are in good form – 4 wins in their last 7 matches and just 1 defeat.
* West Brom have also hit form, just slightly too late to stave off relegation: they’ve won 3 and drawn 2 since Darren Moore took over.
* The Baggies have won as many matches in their last 4 outings as they did in their previous 42.
* Palace could finish 10th this season – their equal highest placing in the PL era, despite losing their first 7 matches.
Huddersfield Town v Arsenal
* Huddersfield’s last victory at home over Arsenal came back in 1971 at their old Leeds Road ground.
* Huddersfield have won just 3 of their last 17 league matches, losing 9.
* They have also scored just 28 goals – only Swansea have netted fewer.
* Arsenal have lost all 7 of their PL away matches in 2018.
* This is Arsene Wenger’s 1235th game in charge of the Gunners.
Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion
* Liverpool thrashed Brighton 1-5 at the Amex back in December.
* Liverpool need to avoid defeat to go through the whole season unbeaten at home.
* But they have won just one of their past 5 league matches, although they have only lost one as well.
* Brighton have won just 1 of their last 8 PL matches, losing 4.
* Brighton haven’t won in their last 12 away matches, losing 8. They have only scored 10 goals away from home all season.
Manchester United v Watford
* United won 2-4 at Vicarage Road earlier in the season.
* Manchester United are guaranteed to finish in second place – their highest placing since 2012/13 – Sir Alex Ferguson’s final season in charge when they won the title.
* Watford’s won last time out against Newcastle was their first in 8 matches.
* Watford haven’t scored in any of their last 8 away matches.
* United have kept 18 clean sheets this season – a League high.
Newcastle United v Chelsea
* Chelsea beat Newcastle 3-0 in December. The Blues also beat the Magpies 3-1 in the FA Cup.
* Newcastle have lost their last 4 matches. They won the 4 before that.
* Chelsea are unbeaten in 6, winning 4 of those matches.
* Newcastle could finish 10th today, if they better Crystal Palace’s result. But if they lose and other results don’t go their way they could finish as low as 15th.
* If Eden Hazard scores, he will move up to third on Chelsea’s all-time PL top scorer list. He’s currently tied on 69 with Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.
Southampton v Manchester City
* A 96th minute winner from Raheem Sterling secured all 3 points for City in the reverse fixture in November.
* Saints have won 2 of their last 3 matches to secure their PL status.
* A win for City will see them become the first top flight team in history to reach the 100-point mark.
* A win would be their 32nd of the season – which would be another English top-flight record, beating Spurs’ mark from 1960/61.
* Saints aren’t great at home – winning just 19 points at St Mary’s so far this season. Only West Brom have won fewer points on home turf.
Swansea City v Stoke City
* Stoke beat Swansea 2-1 in the reverse fixture.
* Swansea need to win, hope Southampton lose and have a 10-goal swing to them to stay up.
* Swansea’s main problem has been goals – they’ve got just 27 all season.
* Stoke haven’t won in 13 PL matches (6 defeats).
* Stoke also have the worst away record – just 1 win and 10 point won.
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
* Leicester beat Spurs 2-1 earlier in the season, thanks to goals from Vardy and Mahrez.
* Spurs are guaranteed a top-4 spot for the third time in four seasons – they haven’t had a run like that since the 1960s.
* Leicester have won 1 of their last 6 matches, losing 4.
* Harry Kane has scored 13 goals in 14 appearances at Wembley Stadium. He’s also scored 9 times against the Foxes.
* The last 0-0 draw between the sides was back in 1948.
West Ham United v Everton
* Everton thrashed the Hammers 4-0 at Goodison Park last November, with Wayne Rooney bagging a hat-trick.
* West Ham have lost 5 of their last 10 PL matches, winning just 2.
* Everton have won 4 of their last 10 PL matches, losing 3.
* West Ham have lost 10 games by a margin of 3 or more goals this season – no top flight side has lost more than that since West Brom in 1985/6.
* Everton have beaten West Ham 24 times in 43 PL matches. The Hammers have won on just 7 occasions.