Embed from Getty Images
The final match of this round of Premier League fixtures sees Newcastle United travel south to take on Aston Villa under the lights at Villa Park.
This match sees former Villa manager Steve Bruce make his first return to Villa Park since he was sacked a little over a year ago. His successor, Dean Smith, oversaw a remarkable run of form that culminated in Villa returning to the Premier League.
Newcastle’s form has picked up recently with a couple of wins, while Villa have been strong at home so far. Both sides will be confident of picking up three points and moving further away from the bottom of the league.
The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
- Newcastle have a great recent record against Aston Villa: they are unbeaten against them in their past 12 meetings (6 wins).
- Villa can get a lead – keeping it is another matter. They have lost 11 points from winning positions so far this season.
- Trezeguet has scored in his last two matches for the Villa – the last player to score in three successive matches was Tom Cleverley back in May 2015.
- Newcastle haven’t won back-to-back away matches since January 2018.
- There may be worries over the Toon’s attacking options scoring rate, but their defenders are chipping in – seven of their last nine goals have come courtesy of the back four.
Embed from Getty Images
It’s a battle of the bottom two in the Premier League tonight as Norwich City take on Watford at Carrow Road.
Watford have yet to register a win in the Premier League this season while Norwich’s form has fallen away dramatically after their victory over champions Manchester City. Both teams will be hoping to end their runs tonight.
The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
- Defence is Norwich’s main problem – they’ve conceded two or more goals in eight of their last nine matches.
- Meanwhile Watford haven’t won any of their past 15 PL matches – their worst run in the top flight. This is also the first occasion they have failed to win any of their opening 11 fixtures of the season.
- Watford will want to score first – Norwich have yet to win a point after going behind in a match this season.
- Watford are the PL’s lowest scorers this season with just six strikes. No player has yet to score more than once.
- Expect goals tonight – there hasn’t been a 0-0 draw between the sides since February 1988. That’s a run of 27 matches in all competitions.