The Premier League is back after the international break, and the first match sees Tottenham Hotspur take on Liverpool at Wembley Stadium. Both sides are looking to build on good starts to the season. The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* The first goal today will be the 150th in this fixture in the PL era.
* Spurs have won 8 of their last 9 home matches – the exception being a 1-3 loss to Manchester City.
* Liverpool have won their first 4 matches this season – they haven’t won the first 5 since 1990/1.
* Spurs thumped Liverpool 4-1 at Wembley Stadium last season. It ended 2-2 at Anfield.
* Spurs lost last time out to Watford, but haven’t lost successive PL matches since the end of the 2015/16 season.
Barcelona have targeted left-backs Nacho Monreal of Arsenal and Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno to solve their problems in that position.
La Liga champions Barcelona are reportedly tracking the pair as they only have one recognised left-back in their squad – Jordi Alba – having sold Lucas Digne to Everton in the summer. Boss Ernesto Valverde wants decent cover for him and has identified the Premier League pair for that role, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Monreal, 32, has retained his place as first-choice left-back at Arsenal under new boss Unai Emery. He was linked with a move to Real Sociedad in the summer, but elected to stay in London.
However, he is out of contract next summer, so Arsenal could look to sell him in January rather than lose him for nothing in the summer.
A move could be attractive to Monreal, as he would be playing for a side challenging for domestic and Champions League honours.
Meanwhile, 26-year-old Moreno has lost his place in the Liverpool side over the past year or so to new Scotland captain Andrew Robertson. He is also out of contract next summer and could be allowed to leave in January for a reduced transfer fee.
Liverpool have contacted the mother and agent of Paris St-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot to sound them out over a potential transfer to Anfield, according to reports.
Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is a long-term admirer of Rabiot – he tried to sign him when manager of Borussia Dortmund – and is keen to sign him, especially if he can get him on a free transfer.
Rabiot is in the final year of his contract with PSG and has so far shown no intention of signing a new deal with the French champions. Should he not sign, he will be able to move on a free transfer in the summer, and sign a pre-contract agreement with a new side from January.
ESPN FC has reported sources saying that Klopp has already spoken on the phone to Rabiot’s agent about a potential move.
The 23-year-old is also on record saying that he grew up as a Liverpool fan and would like to play in the Premier League one day.
However, Liverpool will likely face strong competition for his signature, with Barcelona also known to be keen. The prospect of signing a player of Rabiot’s calibre on a free would also be enticing to other clubs.
There is also the possibility that PSG could sell Rabiot in January to try and get some money in for him, although it would be significantly below his market value.
The early kick-off in the Premier League today sees Leicester City take on Liverpool at the King Power Stadium. Both sides have had good starts to the season that they will want to build on. The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Last season, Liverpool did the double over Leicester, winning 2-3 at the King Power Stadium and 2-1 at Anfield.
* In all, the Reds have won 8 of their last 12 PL matches against the Foxes.
* Leicester haven’t won their opening two home matches of the season in the top flight since 1966.
* Alisson is bidding to become the fourth goalkeeper in PL history to keep 4 clean sheets in his first 4 matches in the league.
* Leicester will miss Jamie Vardy – he’s scored 7 times in his last 5 matches against Liverpool.