There are 5 matches in the Premier League kicking off at 3pm today, involving clubs at both ends of the table. Here are the facts you need to know:
There are five matches kicking off at 3pm in the Premier League today, with clubs at the top and bottom of the division involved. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City
* Best to bet on a draw in this match: 5 of the 6 PL meetings between the sides have ended all square.
* But don’t expect goals – in the past 6 matches there have been 7 goals with no side scoring more than once in a game.
* The Cherries have won 6 of their last 12 home PL matches, losing just 2.
* Meanwhile Leicester have won just 3 of their last 11 matches in the league, losing 7.
* Leicester ended a run of 4 successive away defeats by beating Southampton last time out.
Chelsea v Cardiff City
* Chelsea did the double over Cardiff the last time the Bluebirds were in the PL in 2013/14.
* Chelsea have won all 4 of their opening fixtures – the 6th time they have achieved the feat.
* With 2 goals, Cardiff are joint lowest scorers in the PL, alongside Huddersfield Town and West Ham United.
* Cardiff last beat Chelsea in a league match in April 1981, when both sides were in the old Division 2 (now Championship).
* Chelsea have scored 10 goals so far this season: only Manchester City have scored more.
Huddersfield Town v Crystal Palace
* Last season, the sides took an away win apiece in the PL: Palace winning 0-2 at the John Smith’s Stadium, with the Terriers winning 0-3 at Selhurst Park.
* Huddersfield have won just 1 of their last 14 PL matches.
* The Terriers have also scored just 5 goals in that run and haven’t netted in their last 4 games at home.
* Palace have lost their last 3 matches.
* But they hope to have Wilfried Zaha back: they haven’t won any of the last 12 matches where he hasn’t played – losing 10.
Manchester City v Fulham
* City are unbeaten in their last 10 matches against Fulham – winning 7.
* City have scored 12 goals so far this season – an average of 3 per game.
* Fulham are yet to keep a clean sheet so far this season.
* Aleksander Mitrovic is Fulham’s in-form man with 4 goals so far this season.
* There hasn’t been a 0-0 draw between the sides since 2004.
Newcastle United v Arsenal
* Arsenal are one of Newcastle’s bogey sides – they’ve beaten them in 16 of their last 23 meetings. Newcastle have won just twice.
* But one of those wins came last time the sides met at St James’ Park in April. However, Arsenal won 1-0 at the Emirates earlier in the season.
* The Magpies are out of form – just 1 point won so far this season, and one win in their last 9 including last season.
* But Arsenal’s away form is poor – a win last time out ended a run of 9 without a win (8 defeats).
* Newcastle have lost their opening 2 home fixtures – they haven’t lost the first 3 since 1987/8.
The early kick-off in the Premier League today sees Leicester City take on Liverpool at the King Power Stadium. Both sides have had good starts to the season that they will want to build on. The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Last season, Liverpool did the double over Leicester, winning 2-3 at the King Power Stadium and 2-1 at Anfield.
* In all, the Reds have won 8 of their last 12 PL matches against the Foxes.
* Leicester haven’t won their opening two home matches of the season in the top flight since 1966.
* Alisson is bidding to become the fourth goalkeeper in PL history to keep 4 clean sheets in his first 4 matches in the league.
* Leicester will miss Jamie Vardy – he’s scored 7 times in his last 5 matches against Liverpool.
There are just 4 3pm kick-offs in the Premier League today, with several sides looking for their first wins of the season to kick-start their campaigns. Here are the factz you need to know:
Arsenal v West Ham United
* Both side’s are yet to pick up a point this season – and both have new managers in place.
* Last season, Arsenal beat West Ham 4-1 at the Emirates. It ended 0-0 at the London Stadium.
* The Gunners have a great record agains the Hammers – winning 17 of the last 22 matches they’ve played in all competitions.
* Arsenal haven’t lost their opening 3 fixtures in a season since 1954/5.
* However, West Ham lost their opening 3 in 2010.
AFC Bournemouth v Everton
* Last season, both fixtures ended with a 2-1 win for the home side.
* Expect goals today – there have been 25 goals in their previous 6 fixtures.
* Bournemouth have only won their opening 3 fixtures in 5 times in their history.
* The Toffees have only won 3 of their last 28 away matches in the PL.
* Bournemouth have won their last 4 PL matches – their best run in the PL.
Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City
* The Terriers have lost both their opening matches – conceding 9 goals – but haven’t lost their opening 3 games since 1992/3.
* Huddersfield have scored just once in their last 7 PL home matches.
* Cardiff have won 6 of their last 8 league meetings with Huddersfield. The Terriers haven’t beaten the Bluebirds since 2003.
* Cardiff have scored 3 times against Huddersfield in each of their last 3 matches against them.
* Huddersfield have failed to score in 22 of their 40 PL matches.
Southampton v Leicester City
* Last season, Leicester thumped Saints 1-4 at St Mary’s. The return fixture ended goalless.
* Southampton have won just 3 if their last 27 PL matches – and only one of those wins was at home.
* Leicester have lost their last 4 away from home, conceding 14 goals in that run.
* Saints have failed to score in 4 if their last 6 home matches, including their opening game this season.
* The win for Leicester last season was the only time in their last 4 matches against Southampton that they’ve found the net.