The final match in this round of Premier League fixtures sees Manchester City take on Leicester City at the Etihad Stadium.
City are desperate to take three points and, with it, regain the lead in the title race. This isn’t a meaningless fixture for Leicester either, as they could still finish in 7th place, which could yet yield a Europa League spot.
The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Leicester beat Manchester City 2-1 in the reverse fixture at the King Power Stadium. City also needed penalties to beat them in the Carabao Cup.
* However, City are on a 12-match winning streak in the Premier League. They’ve conceded just 3 goals in this run.
* They have also won 17 out of 18 PL matches at the Etihad Stadium this season.
* However, Leicester are also in great form having won 6 of their last 7 PL matches, drawing the other.
* Sergio Aguero has scored 15 league goals at the Etihad this season.
There are just three matches in the Premier League today, thanks to the FA Cup.
Today, the focus is on the bottom of the table with several clubs in relegation trouble playing. Now is the time to be getting wins, and victory today could go a long way to securing Premier League survival.
All matches kick off at 3pm. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United
* A Salomon Rondon double was enough for Newcastle to take all three points in a 2-1 when the sides met earlier in the season at St James’s Park.
* Bournemouth are strong at home, having won 25 points at the Vitality Stadium this season – the best return outside of the top 6.
* Newcastle are in good form at home, but haven’t won in 6 away from St James’s Park.
* The Cherries’ Ryan Fraser is the man to stop – he has 10 assists this season.
* Meanwhile Salomon Rondon is Newcastle’s main man with 8 goals and 5 assists.
Burnley v Leicester City
* After a run of 8 matches unbeaten, Burnley have lost their last 3 matches on the spin.
* Leicester are in improving form, winning 2 of their last 3 PL matches, having won 1 and lost 6 of their previous 8.
* Defence is Burnley’s main problem: 57 goals conceded so far, the second worst record in the league.
* The Foxes haven’t had a clean sheet since New Years Day – a run of 9 matches.
* Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored 5 goals in his last 5 games.
West Ham United v Huddersfield Town
* Huddersfield haven’t beaten West Ham in a league match since 1971.
* West Ham are unbeaten at the London Stadium this year, having won 4 and drawn 2 there in 2019.
* The Terriers have lost 8 of their last 10 league matches, winning just once in that run.
* They have also scored just 8 goals away from home all season – the joint lowest in the league.
* The Hammers are set-piece specialists with 6 of their last 7 goals coming from dead-ball situations.
AFC Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has emerged as an early summer transfer target for new Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers, according to reports.
Rodgers, who took over at the King Power Stadium earlier this week, is said to already be planning to revamp the Foxes squad during the summer and England striker Wilson is at the top of his wish list, The Sun has reported.
Wilson has scored 10 goals in 21 Premier League appearances this season for the Cherries and has also made his England debut.
There was interest in the striker from Chelsea and West Ham United during last month’s transfer window, but no deal was done. Wilson is currently on the sidelines following a knee operation.
However, Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe will not want to lose one of his key players, and the club do not have to sell. But a bid of £40 million could be enough to tempt them into cashing in.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep