Two matches kick off at 2pm in the Premier League today, with eyes on the Champions League places again with Chelsea and Manchester United in action.
As all 4 sides involved in the battle for third and fourth place don’t seem to want to qualify – they have all stumbled in recent weeks – a win for either side could enhance their chances of making it.
Here are the factz you need to know:
Chelsea v Watford
* An Eden Hazard double was brought for Chelsea to see off Watford, winning 1-2 at Vicarage Road earlier in the season.
* The Blues are good at home – 11 wins and 1 defeat at Stamford Bridge this season.
* Watford have won 4 and lost 5 of their last 10 PL matches.
* The Hornets have also not kept a clean sheet in their past 10 games.
* Chelsea have lost 1 and drawn 2 of their last 3 league games. They had won the three prior to that.
Huddersfield Town v Manchester United
* Huddersfield won this fixture last season – 2-1.
* However, the Terriers have lost 21 of their last 23 matches in the Premier League.
* United aren’t in form either l – they’ve lost 3 of their last 4 matches in all competitions, drawing the other.
* The Red Devils also haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 13 matches in all competitions – their worst run since 1970.
* Huddersfield have scored 9 goals in their previous 18 home matches.
The first match of the day in the Premier League sees Tottenham Hotspur play Huddersfield Town at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
While the Terriers may only have pride to play for having been relegated last week, Spurs are in a 4-way scrap for the last two Champions League spots.
The match kicks off at 12.30pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Huddersfield haven’t beaten Spurs in a league match since 1956.
* Spurs won last time out, but have lost 4 of their last 6 matches in the PL.
* However, Huddersfield have lost 18 of their last 20 PL matches.
* In that run, the Terriers have failed to score on 11 occasions.
* Spurs have kept just 2 clean sheet in their last 10 league matches.
There are just three matches in the Premier League today, thanks to the FA Cup.
Today, the focus is on the bottom of the table with several clubs in relegation trouble playing. Now is the time to be getting wins, and victory today could go a long way to securing Premier League survival.
All matches kick off at 3pm. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United
* A Salomon Rondon double was enough for Newcastle to take all three points in a 2-1 when the sides met earlier in the season at St James’s Park.
* Bournemouth are strong at home, having won 25 points at the Vitality Stadium this season – the best return outside of the top 6.
* Newcastle are in good form at home, but haven’t won in 6 away from St James’s Park.
* The Cherries’ Ryan Fraser is the man to stop – he has 10 assists this season.
* Meanwhile Salomon Rondon is Newcastle’s main man with 8 goals and 5 assists.
Burnley v Leicester City
* After a run of 8 matches unbeaten, Burnley have lost their last 3 matches on the spin.
* Leicester are in improving form, winning 2 of their last 3 PL matches, having won 1 and lost 6 of their previous 8.
* Defence is Burnley’s main problem: 57 goals conceded so far, the second worst record in the league.
* The Foxes haven’t had a clean sheet since New Years Day – a run of 9 matches.
* Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored 5 goals in his last 5 games.
West Ham United v Huddersfield Town
* Huddersfield haven’t beaten West Ham in a league match since 1971.
* West Ham are unbeaten at the London Stadium this year, having won 4 and drawn 2 there in 2019.
* The Terriers have lost 8 of their last 10 league matches, winning just once in that run.
* They have also scored just 8 goals away from home all season – the joint lowest in the league.
* The Hammers are set-piece specialists with 6 of their last 7 goals coming from dead-ball situations.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep