German champions Bayern Munich are waiting for Leroy Sane to make a decision on where his future lies before making any bid for him.
Bayern have targeted Sane this summer as they seek to replace departing stars Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben. The 23-year-old German would fit the bill for the Bavarian side but they are waiting for Sane to say that he wants to join them before making any bid.
Sane has been thinking over the move on his holidays but now he has returned a decision is expected soon. He was in and out of the City starting XI last season, but boss Pep Guardiola sees him as an integral part of the squad.
However, City are confident that Sane will stay at the Etihad Stadium and they have been negotiating a new contract with him for some time, which they hope he will sign.
If Sane does indicate he wants to return to his homeland, then City will want a hefty fee for him. At his age, then City will be looking for upwards of £50 million, if not closer to £80 million.
Manchester City have offered winger Leroy Sane an improved contract as they bid to keep the player amid interest from German champions Bayern Munich.
Munich have been publicly courting Sane, as they look to rebuild their side following the departures of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and James Rodríguez at the end of the season.
The Bavarian side’s interest was stoked as contract talks between City and Sane have stalled in recent months.
However, City do not want the 23-year-old German international to leave and have made a new offer to him, said to be worth £150,000 per week, according to The Sunday Mirror.
It is also thought that manager Pep Guardiola sees him as integral to his plans, despite Sane not being a regular starter in the season that has just finished.
In addition, The Sunday Mirror reports that City will put a £100 million price tag on him to ward offer potential suitors. Sane also has two years left on his current deal, so City can ask for top dollar – at least for now.
City are said to be unhappy that Bayern bosses Uli Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge have spoken about wanting the player before making contact with the club about a deal.
Premier League giants Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are considering making a bid for Columbian playmaker James Rodríguez after he decided not to extend his loan stay at Bayern Munich.
Rodríguez has spent the past two seasons in Munich having struggled to impressive at Real Madrid. While his time in Bavaria has been successful – Bayern won the Bundesliga in both seasons and he scored 15 goals and provided 20 assists in 67 matches in all competitions – he has decided not to join permanently.
It is thought that Rodríguez will not be part of Zinedine Zidane’s plans at Real Madrid, so a move is likely.
There will be no shortage of clubs interested in the 27-year-old. In the Premier League, Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are all thought to be interested. Meanwhile Italian champions Juventus and French title holders Paris St-Germain are also considering making a bid.
Bayern had the option to sign Rodríguez for £37 million as part of the loan deal, but Real are likely to want more for a straight transfer – possibly north of £50 million.
Tottenham Hotspur are plotting to sign Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek this summer as a potential replacement for Christian Eriksen, according to reports.
Van de Beek scored for Ajax against Spurs in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final last week but has been impressive for the Dutch side all season.
The Mirror speculate that Spurs could see him as a replacement for Christian Eriksen, should he leave the club this summer. The Dane has one year left on his deal and has yet to sign a new one, so the club could decide to cash in this summer, rather than risk him leaving for nothing in 2020. Real Madrid are widely rumoured to be interested in signing him.
Spurs have been quoted a price of £45 million for van de Beek, 22, which is well within their price range.
However, they are likely to face stiff competition for van de Beek. Scouts from top European clubs have descended on Amsterdam this season, including Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
Of course, it isn’t certain that van de Beek will want to leave Ajax. He is a product of their youth system and may want to stay on, especially if they reach the final or even win the Champions League this season.
Gareth Bale seems set to leave Real Madrid this summer and Manchester United and Bayern Munich are at the head of the queue to sign him.
Real manager Zinedine Zidane is planning a major overhaul of the squad in the summer, with several players set to be shipped out, including Bale, according to Spanish newspaper AS.
AS reported a meeting between Real and Bale’s representatives where it was said that Bale could choose his next club, as long as the bids were roughly equivalent.
Bale, 29, has had a fractious relationship with the Real fans recently and it is thought that the club’s top brass have become frustrated with his recent injury record.
During his time in Madrid, Bale has scored 102 goals in 227 appearances. Among other trophies he has won three Champions League trophies.
Manchester United have long been linked with the Welsh international and could come in for him again. However, new boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signalled that his transfer policy will focus on younger players this summer, so it remains to be seen.
Any deal could also hinge on whether Madrid make a move for Paul Pogba. This rumour has again resurfaced today and he would be the sort of target Zidane would be looming for.
Bayern Munich are also planning a major squad overhaul and Bale would be the sort of marquee signing they are looking for to replace the likes of Arjen Robben.
Munich could also afford Bale’s wages, which is something that could put other potential suitors off signing him.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep