Here are the factz behind today’s premier league fixtures.
Manchester City v Southampton
- Last season ended with a home win apiece, City won 3-1 at the Etihad and Saints won 4-2 at St Mary’s.
- The Etihad is not a happy hunting ground for Southampton – they’ve lost their last 6 league and cup matches there.
- Man City are winless in their last 4 matches, having won their first 10 matches of the season.
- Southampton are unbeaten in their last 5 league matches, conceding once.
- Man City have kept 1 clean sheet in their last 11 matches.
Chelsea v Manchester United
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 5 Premier League matches against United – 10 including cup competitions.
- Last season’s matches both ended in draws: 0-0 at Old Trafford and 1-1 at Stamford Bridge.
- Don’t expect many goals – only once in the last 7 Premier League matches has there been more than 2 goals in the match.
- Chelsea have won 5 of their opening 8 league games, scoring 16 goals.
- Man United have won 2 of their last 5 league games scoring 7 goals – although 4 of those came against Leicester.