Here are the factz for today’s premiership matches.
Watford v Crystal Palace
- Last season’s matches ended in a pair of away wins. Palace won 0-1 at Vicarage Road. Watford gained revenge 1-2 at Selhurst Park.
- Watford are on a fairly awful run, losing 4 of the past 5 matches. They won the other.
- However, the Eagles are on a worse run – losing 8 of the last 10. A run that cost Alan Pardew his job.
- Palace haven’t kept an away clean sheet since Boxing Day last year.
- Troy Deeney has gone 10 games without scoring – he needs 1 more for 100 goals for the Hornets.
Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion
- Arsenal won 2-0 at the Emirates last season. West Brom gained revenge at the Hawthorns, winning 2-1.
- But that win was one of only 3 wins Albion have managed against Arsenal in 20 Premier League games.
- Arsenal have lost their last 2 matches having gone the previous 14 unbeaten.
- West Brom have won 4 of their last 7 league games.
- Arsenal haven’t failed to score in a PL match against the Albion.
Burnley v Middlesbrough
- The sides drew 1-1 at Turf Moor in the Championship last season.
- Boro are unbeaten in the past 6 matches against Burnley (won 4)
- Burnley have lost 5 of their last 6 PL games.
- Middlesbrough haven’t won in their last 7 PL away games – losing 5 of those.
- Burnley have a problem scoring – failing to find the net in 8 games. Only Hull have failed to score in as many games.
Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth
- Bournemouth beat Chelsea 0-1 at Stamford Bridge last season. The Blues got their revenge, winning 1-4 at the Vitality.
- Chelsea have won their past 11 matches. Another win would be a club record.
- The Cherries have won only 1 of their last 10 PL away matches, losing 7.
- In Chelsea’s run, they’ve kept 9 clean sheets and only conceded twice.
- Bournemouth have scored in each of their last 7 matches
Leicester City v Everton
- Last season, Leicester did the double over Everton, winning 3-1 at the King Power and 2-3 at Goodison.
- Leicester are in a poor run, having won 1 of the last 8 matches.
- But so are Everton, who have won only 2 of their last 12 matches.
- Leicester haven’t kept a clean sheet in 10 matches.
- Everton haven’t won away from home since September – a run of 6 matches.
Manchester United v Sunderland
- United won 3-1 in this fixture last season. Sunderland won 2-1 at the Stadium of Light.
- United will be confident today – they have won on 21 occasions against Sunderland in the PL era, while the Black Cats have won just 3 times.
- Sunderland have won 4 of their last 7 matches.
- United have a good record on Boxing Day – they have won 18 times in the 24 season’s of the PL.
- if Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores, it will be his 50th goal for club and country of 2016.
Swansea City v West Ham United
- Last season, this fixture ended 0-0. In the return, Swansea won 1-4.
- West Ham haven’t beaten Swansea away since 1983 at the old Vetch Field.
- Swansea may be in relegation trouble but they have won their last 2 home matches, scoring 8 goals.
- West Ham have won their last 2 matches – they haven’t won 3 in a row since March.
- Dmitri Payet has had criticism for some for his performances this season, yet he has still created 63 goal scoring chances. It’s not his fault his teammates can’t convert them.
Hull City v Manchester City
- Hull are bottom of the league at Christmas and only 3 sides have escaped relegation from this position in the 24 season’s of the PL.
- They are bottom because they’ve only won 1 of their last 15 league matches.
- Manchester City have won their last 3 league matches.
- City have won 4 of their 8 previous PL games against Hull. The Tigers have won just once.
- City have the leading assist maker in the league this season – Kevin De Bruyne has 9.