Here are the factz for tonight’s Europa League matches.
Inter Milan v Southampton
- Southampton have 4 points from their first 2 Europa League group K matches – 4 more than Inter have, who have lost to Hapoel Be’er Sheva and Sparta Prague so far.
- How times change: 6 years ago, Inter Milan won the Champions League, while Southampton won the Johnstone’s Pain Trophy and finished 7th in League One.
- Inter have started the season in poor form – winning just 3 of their 10 matches in all competitions. They are 11th in Serie A.
- Southampton are unbeaten in their last 7 games in all competitions and have lost twice in 11 matches.
- Southampton have conceded 1 goal in their last 7 matches – in their last game against Burnley.
Manchester United v Fenerbahce
- Fenerbahce currently top Europa League group A with 4 points – 1 point and 2 places ahead of United.
- Manchester United and Fenerbahce have met on 4 occasions previously – all in the Champions League – with both sides winning 2 matches, although their last meeting was in December 2004.
- United have won 6 of their last 10 matches in all competitions, but drawn the last 2.
- Fenerbahce have won their last 3 games in all competitions, but have been inconsistent so far – they are 9th in the Turkish SuperLig currently with 9 points from 7 matches.
- Former United favourite Robin van Persie has scored once in 9 appearances in all competitions so far for Fenerbahce this season. However, he scored 21 goals in 40 appearances last season.