Here are the factz for tonight’s champions league matches.
Leicester City v FC Porto
- Leicester were beaten 4-1 at the weekend – the same score as they lost by prior to their first Champions League game against Brugge. The Foxes will be hoping for a similar outcome this time – a 3-0 win.
- Leicester’s Islam Slimani has scored 5 goals in his last 3 games against Porto. He was signed from Sporting Lisbon in the summer.
- Porto drew their opening Champions League fixture 1-1 against Copenhagen.
- Porto are third in the Portuguese Primeira division currently, with 13 points from 6 games.
- Porto are not as strong as they have been in recent years. Last season they finished 3rd in their league, were knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and exited the Europa League at the last 32.
CSKA Moscow v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have never lost to Russian opposition in European competition – against Anzi Makhachkala, Rubin Kazan and Spartak Moscow – winning 3 games and drawing 2.
- CSKA Moscow drew their opening match of the group against Bayer Leverkusen 1-1.
- CSKA sit second in the Russian league currently – behind city rivals Spartak – with 18 points from 8 matches.
- Last season, CSKA won the Russian league and finished runners-up in the cup. However, the exited the Champions League at the group stage.
- Tottenham have won 5 of their last 10 games in all competitions, but lost against Monaco in their opening Champions League fixture.