Here are the factz for today’s premier league matches.
Sunderland v Arsenal (12.30 kick off)
- Sunderland have still yet to win this season – the worst start to a Premier League season since 1999-2000 when Sheffield Wednesday won 1 point in their first 9 games.
- The chances of the Black Cats getting their first win of the season look slim – they have beaten Arsenal once in their past 25 matches, losing 16.
- Since losing on the opening day of the season, Arsenal are unbeaten in 13 games in all competitions.
- Jermain Defoe has only ever scored twice against Arsenal in 21 games and hasn’t scored against them since 2004.
- Last season, Arsenal won 3-1 at the Emirates against Sunderland. At the Stadium of Light it was 0-0.
Manchester United v Burnley
- United have won just 1 of their last 6 league matches, losing 3.
- Burnley have won 3 of their opening 9 matches – but all their points have so far come at home.
- Burnley last beat United on 2009 – their first premier league meeting – but in 3 matches since, United have won 2.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is on his longest goalscoring drought since December 2010 – 5 matches.
- United’s 14 points from 9 games is their 2nd worst start in premier league history. Their worst was in 2014/15.
Middlesbrough v Bournemouth
- Four of the last 5 matches between the sides have ended in draws.
- Boro are 7 league matches without a win. They have drawn 3 in that time, including against Arsenal last time out.
- Bournemouth haven’t won in 6 matches away from home.
- Boro have scored just 7 goals this season. Only fellow Northeast side Sunderland have scored fewer.
- Boro have only scored 1 point at home this season, on the opening day against Stoke.
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City
- Leicester beat Spurs 0-1 at White Hart Lane last season. It ended 0-0 at the King Power.
- Spurs are unbeaten in the league this season – for the first time since 1990.
- Leicester have yet to win a point away from home this season, conceding 13 goals.
- Spurs have the best defence in the league – conceding just 4 in 9 matches.
- The last 0-0 draw between the sides – in any competition – was in March 1948.
Watford v Hull City
- This will be the first meeting between the sides in the top flight.
- Watford have lost 1 of their last 6 matches – winning 3.
- Watford have kept consecutive clean sheets – the last time they kept 3 in a row was last December.
- Hull have lost their last 5 league matches and haven’t won in 7 (1 draw).
- Hull have conceded 19 goals in their last 5 matches, including 6 against Bournemouth, 5 against Liverpool and 4 v Arsenal.
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City.
- City are a bogey side for the Baggie, having beaten them in 9 consecutive meetings and 12 of the past 13.
- Albion have only scored more than 1 goal once in the past 19 matches.
- Albion’s Nacer Chadli has scored 4 and assisted 2 so far this season – the side have only scored 10.
- City haven’t won any of their last 6 matches – 3 of which have been in the premier league (3 draws in all)
- The last 0-0 draw between the sides was December 2011 – the last time Albion didn’t lose to City.
Crystal Palace v Liverpool (5.30)
- Last season, both matches ended in a 2-1 win for the visitors.
- Palace haven’t kept a clean sheet in 14 matches.
- The Reds are unbeaten in their past 10 league and cup matches.
- Liverpool have only failed to score on one occasion this season – against Manchester United.
- Both sides have scored in the last 6 league matches between the sides.