The second match in Group A at the World Cup sees Egypt take on Uruguay. Egypt’s star player Mo Salah looks to have won his race to be fit for this match – and he will go up against another two of the world’s best strikers in Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. The match kicks off at 1pm and it is live on BBC1. Here are the factz you need to know:
* The sides have met just once before, back in 2006, when Uruguay ran out 2-0 winners.
* This is the third time Egypt have made it to the World Cup finals – they previously appeared in 1934 and 1990.
* In 1934, Egypt became the first African team to play in the finals.
* Uruguay have won the World Cup twice, but in recent years their best has been a 4th place finish on 2010.
* Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani have scored 93 international goals between them – Suarez has 52, Cavani 41.
* Cavani was the top scorer in the South American qualifying group with 10 goals.
* Mo Salah has scored 33 goals in 56 internationals for the Pharoahs but he has some way to go to become the all-time top scorer, who is Hossam Hassan with 70.
* Should Egypt keeper Essam El Hadary play, he will become the oldest man to play in the finals at 45 years and 151 days.
* Egypt aren’t in the best form – just 2 wins in their last 10 matches and 5 defeats.
* Uruguay meanwhile have won 5 of their last 10 internationals, losing 3.