Embed from Getty Images
There are six matches kicking off at 3pm in the Premier League today.
It’s still early days in the season, but momentum is important and banking early points can be vital at both ends of the table.
Here are the factz you need to know:
Chelsea v Sheffield United
* Sheffield United haven’t won at Stamford Bridge since October 1992 – the inaugural season of the Premier League.
* Chelsea haven’t failed to score in a match against Sheffield United at home since 1922.
* Chelsea’s win last weekend was just their second in 8 matches.
* The Blues are unbeaten in their last 10 home matches, winning 6 of those.
* Sheffield United have lost just 1 of their last 10 League matches – but that defeat came last time out.
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
* Villa won the last time the sides met in 2016 – one of only 3 wins that season for the Midlands side.
* Palace are one of the PL’s in form sides, accruing 30 points since February. Only Liverpool and Manchester City have won more.
* That said, they have only won 2 of their last 8 home matches, losing 3.
* Villa haven’t won on the road in the PL in their last 19 matches.
* Palace’s forward line of Jordan Ayew and Christian Benteke scored 49 PL goals between them for Villa.
Leicester City v AFC Bournemouth
* Last season Leicester best Bournemouth 2-0 at the King Power Stadium. The Cherries prevailed 4-2 at the Vitality Stadium.
* The Cherries haven’t won at Leicester since 1988 when both sides were in the old Division 2 (now Championship).
* Leicester have won 4 and drawn 4 of their last 10 PL matches.
* Bournemouth have lost 5 of their last 10 PL matches, winning 3.
* The Foxes have won 4 of their last 7 PL home matches, losing just 1.
Manchester City v Brighton & Hove Albion
* City have done the double over Brighton for the past two seasons, and beat them in the FA Cup semi-final last season.
* City have won 16 of their last 17 PL matches.
* Brighton have won 2 of their 4 matches in all competitions this season.
* City have scored in 25 consecutive matches.
* The Seagulls have scored in 5 of their last 6 matches.
Newcastle United v Watford
* Newcastle took a 1-0 win last season against Watford. It ended 1-1 in the return match at Vicarage Road.
* The Magpies have lost 3 of their last 4 PL matches at St James’s Park, but did win the other.
* Watford have had an awful start to the season – they are the only side without a point so far in the PL. They have lost their last 6 in all.
* The Hornets haven’t kept a clean sheet in 18 matches, conceding 41 goals in that run.
* The all-time record between the sides is tight – in 45 meetings, Watford have won 16, Newcastle 15.
West Ham United v Norwich City
* West Ham have a great recent record against Norwich – they’ve won 4 and drawn 6 of their last 11 meetings.
* The Hammers have won two matches in a week, but have yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
* Expect goals – Norwich haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 10 matches in all competitions.
* Teemu Pukki is the man West Ham need to stop – he has 5 goals so far this season.
* West Ham have 4 points – more than they’ve scored in August in any of the past 5 seasons.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep