Embed from Getty Images
There are 5 3pm kick-offs in the Premier League today. Here are the factz you need to know:
Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth
* This is only the 7th League meeting between the sides.
* Villa Park was a fortress for Villa towards the end of last season, with 6 wins from their last 7 matches.
* Bournemouth aren’t great away from home: they’ve lost 11 of their last 14 on the road.
* However, they have scored at least 3 goals in each of their last 3 away matches.
* Jack Grealish will be hoping to end a streak on 19 consecutive PL matches he’s played in for Villa ending in defeat.
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United
* Brighton are a bogey side for the Hammers. The Seagulls have won 3 of the 4 PL matches between the sides, drawing the other.
* Last week’s 3-0 win over Watford was Brighton’s first PL win in 10 matches.
* West Ham won their last 2 away matches last season, but had lost 7 of their previous 8.
* Scoring at home is one of Brighton’s problems, netting just 7 times in their last 12 matches at the Amex.
* If the Hammers win today, it’ll be their 100th in the Premier League.
Everton v Watford
* It ended 2-2 between these sides at Goodison Park last season. Watford took a 1-0 win at Vicarage Road.
* Goodison is a fortress for the Toffees – they haven’t conceded a goal here since February 6.
* in fact, Everton have kept clean sheets in 9 of their last 12 matches.
* Watford have lost their last 4 PL matches – they haven’t lost 5 in a row since 2017.
* The Hornets haven’t kept a clean sheet in 16 matches.
Norwich City v Newcastle United
* Games between these sides are usually fun – 24 goals scored in the last 6 meetings.
* Norwich had been on a 14-match unbeaten run before last week’s defeat to Liverpool.
* Newcastle won their last away match of last season. They haven’t won consecutive away matches since January 2018.
* Norwich have not got a good record against the Magpies – 5 defeats in their last 9 meetings and only 1 win.
* Newcastle have won 4, lost 4 and drawn 2 in their last 10 PL matches.
Southampton v Liverpool
* The Reds did the double over Saints last season; winning 1-3 at St Mary’s and 3-0 at Anfield.
* Saints have won 16 of their last 77 PL matches – although half of those have come in the last 24 matches under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
* Liverpool are chasing a club record-equalling 11th consecutive PL win.
* The Reds have also scored at least 2 goals in every one of those wins.
* Saints are without a win in 6 – 3 defeats in that run.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep