There is Monday night football action in the Premier League as Marco Silva’s current side Everton take on his previous club Watford at Goodison Park. The match kicks off at 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
Everton have an amazing record against Watford at Goodison Park – they have won 11 of the 12 matches they have played against them in all competitions.
The Toffees are in decent form – two wins, two draws and one defeat in their last 5 matches.
Watford are out of form, having lost their last 3 PL matches and only won 2 of their last 11, having opened up the season with 4 straight wins. Despite this, a win will take them level on points with Everton.
Richarlison is Everton’s top scorer with 7 goals in 13 appearances this season – two more than he scored for Watford in the entirety of last season.
Goal scoring is one of Watford’s main problems – they have scored just 9 in their last 11 matches.
The only Sunday match in the Premier League this week sees Newcastle United play Wolverhampton Wanderers at St James’s Park. The match kicks off at 4pm. It is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Newcastle are in decent form – 3 wins and 1 defeat in their last 6 matches.
* Wolves won their first match in 7 last time out against Chelsea.
* The Magpies aren’t great at home – they’ve lost 6 out of 8 at St James’ Park this season.
* Wolves haven’t scored more than once away from home so far this season.
* Only once has a League meeting between these sides ended 0-0. That one scoreless stalemate came back in 1991.
The final match in the Premier League today takes place at the King Power Stadium with Leicester City playing Tottenham Hotspur. Both sides are in good form, so a close match is in prospect. The match kicks off at 7.45pm. It is live on BT Sport 1. Here are the factz you need to know:
* Leicester took a 2-1 win against Spurs at the King Power Stadium last season. The return was a fun-packed 5-4 win for Spurs.
* Leicester are unbeaten in 6 matches but they have only won 2 of those.
* Spurs were beaten at Arsenal last time out but have won 12 away matches this year – more than anyone else.
* James Maddison is Leicester’s form man, being involved in 7 goals for the Foxes this season.
* Meanwhile Harry Kane loves playing Leicester – he’s scored 13 goals in 11 matches against them in all competitions.
In the tea-time kick off in the Premier League, Chelsea take on Manchester City. This match could have a big bearing on the Blues’ chances of winning the title. The match kicks off at 5.30pm and it is live on BT Sport 1. Here are the factz you need to know:
* City did the double over Chelsea last season, including a 0-1 win at Stamford Bridge.
* Chelsea have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 PL matches.
* City are unbeaten this season in the PL and have won their last 7 matches.
* Chelsea are unbeaten at home this season.
* City are unbeaten in their past 14 PL away matches, winning 11 of those.
There are 5 Premier League matches kicking off at 3pm today. As we head into the busy Christmas period, clubs know that a good run now can set them up for a productive second half of the season. Here are the factz you need to know:
Arsenal v Huddersfield Town
* Arsenal did the double over the Terriers last season, including walloping them 5-0 at the Emirates.
* The Gunners are unbeaten in 20 matches in all competitions, winning 15 of those.
* Huddersfield have lost their last two matches.
* Arsenal have both scored and conceded in each of their last 8 matches.
* Huddersfield have won just 1 of their 7 away matches this season, losing 4.
Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion
* Last season both matches ended in 0-0 stalemates.
* The Clarets haven’t won in 8 matches, losing 6.
* Brighton’s away form is improving: 2 wins from their last 4 matches.
* The Seagulls have also scored in 8 successive PL matches.
* Burnley have lost their last 3 matches at Turf Moor, conceding 9 goals in the process.
Cardiff City v Southampton
* Cardiff have won 3 of their last 4 PL matches.
* All three of those wins have seen Cardiff come from behind to take all 3 points.
* Meanwhile Saints haven’t won in 13 matches in all competitions (7 defeats).
* The Bluebirds haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 12 PL matches.
* Saints have won just 4 of their last 40 PL matches – although 3 of those wins have come away from home.
Manchester United v Fulham
* United have a great record against Fulham – they have beaten them 18 times in 26 PL matches, losing just 3.
* The Red Devils have drawn their last 3 PL matches – they haven’t drawn 4 in a row since 1992.
* Fulham have lost their last 6 away matches.
* The Cottagers also have the worst defence with 36 goals conceded. Only Barnsley have conceded more at this stage of a PL season.
* A win for United today will be their 50th under Jose Mourinho.
West Ham United v Crystal Palace
* Both matches ended all square between these two sides last season: 1-1 at the London Stadium and 2-2 at Selhurst Park.
* West Ham have won their last 2 matches – they haven’t won 3 in a row since January 2016.
* Palace have won just one of their last 9 PL matches, losing 6.
* They have also lost 4 of their last 5 away matches, conceding 10 goals.
* West Ham have scored 7 goals in their last 3 home matches.
We bring you the very best content of the beautiful game we all live, breathe, sleep