Embed from Getty Images
There are five matches in the Premier League that kick off at 3pm today, with some crucial face-offs at the bottom of the division. Here are the factz you need to know:
Burnley v Watford
* Burnley won this fixture 2-0 last season. Watford won the return 2-1.
* Watford haven’t won at Turf Moor since 2004.
* Don’t expect a goal-fest: there have only been 8 goals scored in PL matches at Turf Moor so far this season.
* Watford’s away form is good – 13 points from 7 matches – more than they won in the whole of last season.
* There have been 5 draws in the last 10 meetings between the sides, with Burnley winning 3 of the others.
Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth
* This fixture ended 1-1 last season, with Palace taking a 0-2 at the Vitality Stadium.
* Palace are unbeaten in 4 matches, although they’ve only won one of those.
* In their last 6 matches, Bournemouth have won 2, lost 2 and drawn 2.
* Palace, along with Swansea are joint lowest scorers in the division – just 8 from 15 games.
* Bournemouth games have resulted in 30 goals this season, only Swansea matches have seen fewer (26).
Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion
* The Terriers won this fixture 3-1 last season. Brighton had won 1-0 at the Amex earlier in the season.
* After winning their first two matches, Huddersfield have won just of their next 13.
* Brighton have won half of their 8 away games this season, losing just one.
* Only Crystal Palace and Swansea have scored fewer goals than Huddersfield’s 9.
* Lewis Dunk has scored 3 own goals this season – just one behind former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel’s unwanted record of 4.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion
* Swansea won this fixture 2-1 last season, revenge for the Baggies’ 3-1 win at the Hawthorns earlier in the season.
* Swansea have lost 6 of their last 7 PL matches, and have only won 1 of their last 12.
* But Albion are on similarly terrible run – no wins and 6 defeats in their last 13.
* This match won’t be a goal-fest: Swansea have scored 8 this season and West Brom 12.
* Swansea have won just once at home this season and lost 5.
Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
* Spurs hammered Stoke 4-0 on both meetings last season. They also beat them 4-0 in 2015/16 as well.
* However, Spurs aren’t in form: they have won 1 of their last 6 PL matches, and lost 3.
* Stoke are consistently inconsistent: 2 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws in their last 6 matches.
* But the Potters aren’t good away from home – 2 wins and 9 defeats in their last 15 on the road.
* Harry Kane has scored 6 goals in his last 3 appearances against Stoke. He has scored 31 goals so far this year.