Embed from Getty Images
There are five matches kicking off at 3pm in the Premier League today, with most of the clubs in the relegation fight playing and, given it is so close, today could have a big impact on the battle to stay in the division. Here are the factz you need to know:
AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United
* Bournemouth took the win at St James’ Park earlier in the season, thanks to a goal in the second minute of second-half injury time from Cook.
* Bournemouth have won their last 3 home matches and are unbeaten at the Vitality in 4.
* Newcastle have lost just 1 of their last 7, but have also only won 2 of those matches.
* The Cherries have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 PL matches.
* This is just the 6th league meeting between the sides. Of the previous 5, Bournemouth have won 3 and Newcastle have taken the other two.
Brighton & Hove Albion v Swansea City
* Glenn Murray scored the only goal when the sides met previously this season. The Seagulls have never done a double over the Swans.
* Brighton are unbeaten in 5 in all competitions.
* But Swansea are in even better form: unbeaten in 10 in all competitions.
* Brighton have made the Amex a fortress – just 3 defeats all season and they were to Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City.
* Swansea have scored just 9 times in 13 PL matches on the road this season.
Burnley v Southampton
* Burnley took a 0-1 away win over the Saints earlier in the season.
* Burnley haven’t won in 10 PL matches (5 defeats) – the current longest winless streak in the division.
* But Saints are barely doing better – just one win in 14.
* Don’t expect a goal-fest today: the sides have scored just 49 goals between them in 54 matches.
* Saints have taken 5 points from their last 3 away matches.
Liverpool v West Ham United
* Liverpool, erm, hammered the Hammers 1-4 at the London Stadium earlier in the season, with goals from Salah (2), Marip and Oxlade-Chamberlain.
* The Reds are unbeaten in the PL at Anfield this season, and 15 matches in all goon back to last April.
* West Ham are in decent form, having lost just 2 of their last 12 PL matches.
* Liverpool are the PL’s form team with 19 points won in their last 8 matches.
* West Ham managed their first clean sheet in 9 matches last time out when they held Watford at bay.
West Bromwich Albion v Huddersfield Town
* Huddersfield won the reverse fixture 1-0 earlier in the season.
* West Brom have lost their last 4 games, and have won 1 of 13 since Alan Pardew took over.
* The Terriers aren’t good away from home – just 2 wins in 13 and 9 defeats, including their last 3.
* Only Swansea have scored fewer than Albion’s 21 goals this season. Huddersfield have scored just 23.
* Even if West Brom win, they will remain bottom, but only 4 points from safety. Huddersfield would move to 30 points with a win – potentially 4 points above the relegation zone.