Premier League champions Manchester City are set to compete with Spanish giants Real Madrid to sign Real Betis star Junior Firpo next month.
Left-back Firpo, 22, has been a star for Betis in La Liga and is rated as one of the best young talents in Spain.
Firpo has been heavily linked in Spain with a move to Madrid this season. Madrid are looking for initial cover and a long-term replacement for Marcelo, who turns 31 soon.
But it is believed City manager Pep Guardiola also rates him. Left-back has been a problem for City, with regular starter Benjamin Mendy picking up another long-term injury and no other specialist in that position in the squad. Fabian Delph has filled in but is currently suspended.
Firpo, an Spanish under-21 International, could cost up to £40 million, but that would be no problem for either side.
It is thought Madrid are favourites to sign him, but it isn’t a done deal and City could still swoop in with a deal.
In the final match in the Premier League today, Manchester United play AFC Bournemouth at Old Trafford. Can Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continue the feelgood factor since he took over, or will Eddie Howe’s men turn around their dip in form?
The match kicks off at 4.30pm. It is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* A Marcus Rashford goal in the 92nd minute have United a 1-2 win over Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium earlier in the season.
* United have won both their matches and scored 9 goals since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over as manager.
* Bournemouth have lost 7 of their last 9 PL matches.
* United have conceded 31 goals – more than they let in during the whole of last season.
* The Cherries have kept 1 clean sheet in their last 11 matches.
Both sides will be looking for a win as Southampton host Manchester City at St Mary’s Stadium today. Saints will want to pull away from the relegation fight, while City need a win to get their title bid back on track.
The match kicks off at 2.15pm and it is live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League. Here are the factz you need to know:
* City thrashed Saints 6-1 at the Etihad Stadium back in November.
* Saints have won 2 of their last 3 PL matches.
* Manchester City have lost 3 of their last 4 matches.
* Southampton have scored 7 goals in the 4 matches since Ralph Hasenhuttl took over – as many as they managed in their previous 10.
* City haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 9 matches in all competitions.
Two sides in contrasting form meet at Turf Moor today as Burnley play West Ham United. Burnley need to a turnaround in form but West Ham are building on a great month of results. Here are the factz you need to know:
* West Ham took a 4-2 win over Burnley at the London Stadium earlier in the season.
* Burnley are in awful form – they’ve lost 9 of their last 12 PL matches, winning just once.
* The Clarets have conceded 41 goals so far this season – 2 more than in the whole of last season.
* West Ham are in form – they’ve won 5 of their last 6.
* Filipe Anderson is West Ham’s form man with 7 goals in his last 9 matches.